A new logo. You’ve already thought about it, now you’re looking to get a better understanding of whether the time is right.
Design trends move quickly in this day & age…
For that reason alone, logos older than 3 or so years could definitely be put into the ‘need an upgrade’ category.
With that detail in mind, you’ll note that many popular and easily recognizable logos you see daily usually only have very slight changes made to them. For these logos, there’s a reason. They’re up to date with their identity and their logo says so much it ‘speaks for itself’. They don’t need changing, the brand image that comes with these logos is already extremely strong.
If you have a relatively new business, one without a current professional logo, or have had a logo for a few years and are looking to give it some more spice, there are a number of things to consider.
- A logo represents your inner workings as a business, therefore, does your current logo reflect the way you operate socially and professionally?
- Your business is in a very competitive market, will you succeed with a run-of-the-mill logo or do you need something to better the competitors?
- Your business succeeding and growing, have you outgrown your current logo or could it be changed slightly to reflect your new position?
- Are you proud to show your logo to customers, does it attract interest and foster new customer conversations/relationships?
- Looking in from outside, are you impressed with your logo? If you were a new customer looking for the first time, does it represent who you are as a business?
All of the above questions are relevant in deciding whether your business is ready for a new logo.
You may not be aware of this, but your logo speaks volumes!
For a potential new customer, your logo is the first thing they’ll see while walking by your shop or browsing your website. Your logo needs to instantly connect with those passers-by, expressing who you are, what you do and how you do it, all within a few seconds. This single little piece of your brand identity puzzle is an extremely valuable asset to your business, it’s a great influencer.
For current and returning customers, your logo is their connection to your business and represents your past dealings with them, how you operated with them and finally is an icon to your relationship with them. A professionally designed logo is far better to have as a memory than one that is not memorable or is outdated.
In a design brief meeting with us, we will be able to give you a clearer picture of when to go ahead with buying a new logo or whether it’s the right time to upgrading your current logo. There are many more questions in regards to the topic of this post, these can all be covered.
Let’s work together on making yours even better than your competition!
If you are interested in buying or updating your logo and would like to know more, please feel free to get in touch. I am on hand to help you clarify if it is the right time for you and your business.
Images courtesy of Brand New & Nike. Special thanks to Design Studio Lippincott.